- 25-Jul-2013 to 12-Aug-2013 (AKST)
- Distribution Engineering
- Anchorage, AK, USA
- Full Time
Excellent employer paid benefits Competitive salary, Comprehensive benefit plan including employer paid benefits such as Health Insurance, Pension, Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term Disability Plan. Paid time off, Holidays, and 401(k) Plan.
Chugach Electric Association is recruiting for a Project Coordinator. Applications will be accepted through August 12, 2013. You must complete an on-line application and include a resume and cover letter explaining how your qualifications and experience meet the position requirements.
The Project Coordinator opens, coordinates, reports, tracks and closes work orders. Assists with budget development and tracking, data management and external agency coordination. This position is the single point of contact for new customers and developers requesting line extensions or modification/relocation projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
A. Performs all aspects of line extension/modification coordination work as required so that consumers and developers receive timely and well-coordinated services. Using the following; Manages work load to ensure customer concerns, information exchange and responsiveness is highest priority. Prepares applications, initiates line extension/modification work orders upon request of consumers, developers, and contractors. Requests building plans and plats from customers and developers to facilitate design work. Requests additional information as required. Conveys easement requirement information to customers in consultation with the Land Services Department. Delivers costs estimates and design and construction schedules to prospective new customers and developers. Prepares line extension/relocation contracts using prescribed policies and procedures and secures related contributions in aid to construction. Ensures that payments are secured before construction commences.
B. Coordinates with other Chugach Divisions and Departments regarding line extension/modification work orders. Assists with line extension related Tariff interpretations.
C. Tracks line extension/modification projects. Including the following; Manages active line extension/modification contracts for determination of subsequent customer eligibility for refund, or obligation for additional contribution per tariff provisions. Compiles information for line extension reports, budgets and work plans. Monitors status and informs Accounting Department regarding refunds and transfers of deposits for line extension/modification work orders and work order cancellations. D. Initiates system improvement projects in the project management tracking system at the request of the Planning Department and Management.
E. Insures work order set-ups are compliant with budget and accounting procedures.
F. Maintains data management of the project management tracking system, creates and generates reports and assists users of the system as necessary.
G. Reviews inactive work orders on a monthly basis and recommends final disposition.
H. Prepares monthly report documents for upper management. Included is the development of support presentation graphics focusing on tables, charting and trending.
I. Prepares other reports as requested.
J. Reviews and recommends revisions to the Electric Service Standards and Requirements handbook annually.
K. Assists with budget development and tracking.
High school diploma and completion of two years of college coursework in marketing, accounting, business administration, engineering or a related discipline required. Applicants with a college degree will be given preference.
Work involving direct customer interaction and related management of contracts and reports, preferably in an electric utility, required. Two or more years experience in a combination of project tracking and scheduling, cost accounting or estimating preferred.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Must be capable of taking customer requirements information and establishing an active application on a computer. Must be able to extract information from customer furnished documents for purposes of determining electrical demand load, service location and scheduling requirements.
• Must have the ability to read and interpret construction maps and drawings.
• Must be able to convey regulatory, Tariff, cost estimate, schedule, technical and other related information to consumers or consumer representatives orally or in writing.
• Must be skilled in customer contact and possess ability to work under pressure.
• Must be capable of conveying electrical service requirement, easement or cost estimate information in a pleasant and courteous manner.
• Must have ability to apply basic accounting principles to the work.
• Ability to read engineering and architectural drawings or sketches preferred.
• Understanding utility line extension policies and practices as they relate to distribution facilities preferred.
• Understanding of basic electricity and terminology preferred.
• Must have a demonstrated proficiency in utilize word-processing and spreadsheet software. Project management, estimating and scheduling software knowledge is beneficial.
Work is performed in a standard office environment. Occasional field visits to project sites may be required.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!