- 29-Oct-2013 to 12-Nov-2013 (AKST)
- Engineering Transmission Services
- Anchorage, AK, USA
- Full Time
For over 50 years, Chugach Electric Association, Alaska's largest electric utility, has provided reliable energy to more than81,000 metered locations between Homer and Fairbanks. If you're interested in helping to power Alaska's future, we'd like to talk to you.
Currently, we are recruiting for an Administrative Secretary position in our Transmission Engineering Department. This position provides administrative support for engineering. The successful candidate will possess a professional, service-oriented attitude towards co-workers, managers, and clients. The successful candidate thrives on a productive, fast-paced work environment, and possesses a high degree of skill in the operation and use of computer-based office technology to make work flow more efficient and streamlined.
To be considered for this position, please complete an application on-line. Include a resume and cover letter describing how your qualifications and experience relate to this position. (Applications without a resume will not be considered.)
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Word processes correspondence, memos, reports and statistical data for the Transmission Services Department and other Engineering departments as assigned. Occasionally prepares or edits routine correspondence and memos. Assists managers and engineering personnel with word processing and other support services.
• Operates personal computer with various word processing, database and spreadsheet software. Organizes and maintains Department electronic files.
• Completes documentation for set up of new work orders to include preparation and formatting of project set up forms, input of work order information into various software programs and submittal of approved work order forms to Accounting for project validation. Sets up electronic files for new work orders.
• In coordination with the Project Engineer, processes requests for proposals and project bid information for soliciting proposals and project bids from contractors. Coordinates and compiles project bid documents to include formatting of documents and any hard copies to be made and online posting of bid documents to the Chugach Electric website.
• Prepares and processes invoices for management approval and acceptance by Accounting. Maintains invoice sheets (change order) and invoice records for engineering equipment and capital project related contracts as assigned. Verifies mathematical accuracy and proper account coding, collects back-up documentation as required, routes to appropriate Project Engineer for review and route to Sr. Manager, Transmission and Substation Engineering, for final review and approval
• Coordinates arrangements for meetings, seminars and conferences for Department personnel to include travel and hotel accommodations, registration, preparing and processing travel authorizations and processing of business expense reports .
• As directed, attends meetings to take minutes, transcribes, finalizes and distributes to appropriate personnel.
• HS diploma or equivalent required. Related college, business or secretarial
• Five years of general administrative secretary/assistant experience is required. Two years
in a construction or engineering environment is desirable.
• Must have a thorough working knowledge of general office procedures. Knowledge of construction or engineering terminology is desirable. Knowledge of contract language is desirable.
• Demonstrated ability to utilize personal computer for use with word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation applications for the current version or either of the two previous versions of the applicable software.
• Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and meet established deadlines under pressure with minimum supervision/direction.
• Ability to interact effectively with the public, various agencies, contracts, utilities, consultants, member-owners and coworkers.
• Required to word process 60 net words per minute (typing tests will be scheduled at Chugach before an applicant progresses to an interview).
• Strong written and interpersonal skills required to interact effectively with the public, various agencies, and others.
Work is conducted in a standard office environment. Some overtime may be required.
This position is subject to the terms and conditions of the Office & Engineering Personnel Agreement between Chugach Electric Association, Inc., and the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local 1547.